What is Kinesiology?
Applied Kinesiology was first developed in 1964 by an innovative American chiropractor, George Goodheart. Goodheart started to use muscle monitoring to strengthen weak muscles and evaluate the effectiveness of his treatments. In the following years, he continued experimenting and sharing his findings with other chiropractors and health practitioners. Today, Kinesiology has a much broader definition:
“Kinesiology is a safe, natural therapy which uses gentle muscle monitoring to assess a person’s general well being, correct any energetic imbalances and restore optimal emotional, physical and spiritual health.”
In a healthy person, the body has a remarkable ability to self-heal and adapt to change, both internal and external. However, life often presents us with challenges and layers of stress can build up over time until the person is no longer able to function effectively and enjoy life. The breakdown of the delicate energy balance within the body results in physical, emotional or mental symptoms. This is when Kinesiology can really change your life around, with deep and lasting results achieved very quickly.
Using muscle monitoring feedback, I can find out where the energy blockages are and redirect the energy flow to areas of dis/ease needing healing. So the client’s own “bio-computer” directs the course of the balance (healing session) and I then interpret and act on the information communicated by the body. Once the blockages are removed, the body is then able to heal itself naturally, allowing the various signs and symptoms of dis/ease to disappear.
Kinesiology uses concepts derived from oriental Chinese medicine (ex: meridian energy flow) and Western medicine (ex: anatomy and physiology).
What conditions can be treated?
Kinesiology is very powerful at addressing a great variety of conditions. Indeed, this great therapy doesn’t focus on treating symptoms but rather looks at the “whole” person, their emotional, mental, physical and spiritual wellbeing. All these aspects are interconnected and influence each other, resulting in the symptoms which can be observed.
All conditions have at their source one or several energetic imbalances; once the flow of energy is rebalanced, the body’s natural ability to heal itself then takes over. The same process applies, no matter what the condition is.
- general fatigue, chronic fatigue and low energy levels
- pain (chronic/acute): back, neck, shoulders, migraines
- digestive issues (IBS, nutritional imbalances, candida, allergies)
- skin disorders (eczema, psoriasis)
- jaw imbalances
- weight problems
- immune system disorders
- balance and coordination
- worry, anxiety, depression, grief
- release of past trauma stored in your cells
- lack of self-confidence and self-esteem
- difficulty in achieving goals and finding your life purpose.
- self-sabotage / limited beliefs
- anger management
- behavioural problems
- sleep issues
- fears and & phobias
- learning difficulties: very beneficial for children with concentration & focus issues, reading, maths and writing difficulties. In addition to balancing the body/brain, I give coordination and eye exercises to do at home. New neurological pathways within the brain are then established very quickly and your child will find learning a lot easier and enjoyable! This will have repercussions in all areas of your child’s life: making friends, self-confidence etc.
- memory problems.
Who can benefit from Kinesiology?
Anyone can benefit from a Kinesiology balance: children, babies, adolescents and adults.
Clients come to me with different aims in mind; for example to seek help for a physical complaint, a pattern of behaviour or beliefs they want to change (e.g. feelings of unworthiness), a skill they want to improve, emotional problems they want to deal with or simply because they feel that nothing is going right in their life and they lack a sense of purpose…
Anybody, at any stage in their life can be “knocked off balance” by external events or internal influences; these can include the diagnosis of a disease, a death in the family, the break-up of a relationship, a car accident, the birth of a baby etc.
Whatever the issue you are facing right now, Kinesiology can help restore balance in your life.
What can I expect during a balance?
A balance lasts 1.5 hour. When I meet a client for the first time, I ask them a few questions and fill in a Confidential Personal Information Sheet; then we discuss about the reason for their visit, what their goal is, how they are feeling etc. This initial discussion and the establishment of specific outcomes are extremely valuable in orientating the balance in a specific direction.
From then on, the client’s body leads the balance and indicates which corrections are needed to re-balance the body/mind and spirit. The corrections I used can be structural, bio-chemical, psychological/emotional or electro-magnetic.
What corrective techniques do you use?
The techniques I use include:
- acupressure (holding specific acupuncture points as required by the body)
- rubbing neurolymphatic and holding neurovascular reflexes to stimulate lymph and blood flow
- meridian therapy
- clearing of emotional and mental sabotages
- chakra work
- mental fitness and brain gym exercises
- bodywork (muscle work) and body movements
- specific hormonal and digestive corrections
- cranial and TMJ corrective techniques
- use of colour, sound (applied physiology tuning forks)
- use of essences (Bach Flower, Bush Flower and Desert Alchemy essences)
- brain repatterning techniques
- nutrition advice (muscle monitoring will reveal which vitamins or minerals you need to take or avoid)
- counselling etc
During the balance, the client remains fully clothed, either sitting, lying on my massage table or standing up as required by the corrections.
I would like to stress that none of the corrections used in Kinesiology are physically painful, nor do they involve needles as in acupuncture. The whole process is extremely safe and gentle, with the only aim of restoring harmony, balance and peace in my clients.
How much does a session cost?
For adults: $110 for 1.5 hour session.
For children (12 years old and under): $90 for 1 hour session.